Saturday, July 7, 2012

Book Review: The Magic of Ordinary Days

The Magic of Ordinary Days, by Ann Howard Creel was just the ticket for me this summer.  A young woman, through a series of tragic events, gets shipped off by her father shortly after her mother's death from cancer, to a farming community in Colorado where she is to marry a man she's never met. And if that's not enough of a teaser, it's during WWII and there's a Japanese internment camp nearby. I loved watching Olivia's journey as she readjusts her expectations for her life and sees that sometimes the waves of life actually carry us to where we were meant to be all along. A clean historical romance, which I have just found out was made into a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie with Keri Russell. I loved it anyway. And this from the gal who couldn't sit through Sense & Sensibility: book or movie.

2 comments:

ytsmom said...

I love the movie of this book. Hallmark Channel shows it often. You should wath if you can.

ytsmom said...

Sorry, watch if you can!