Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Aunt Evelyn's Table Runner

Paul's Aunt Evelyn asked if we could trade our trades last fall, and I'm so glad she did! I made her a quilt and she has made me probably the most beautiful heirloom we now own, a long table runner. Here are some of the pictures she sent during the very long and tedious process, and the finished product in our home for all to enjoy (except my kids, who are NOT ALLOWED to touch it ever). Evelyn has a really amazing talent and has a special personality to be able to stick to a project this involved. She lives in Colorado, and I wish I could have seen some of the steps in the process first hand. There was weaving to do before she even began weaving. We're so thankful for her!






4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is beautiful! I wouldn't let my kids touch it either.

Tracey Hogan said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! So lucky to have an awesome aunt and I am sure the quilt you traded her was beautiful too and she is thrilled!

Paul Barrus said...

It is really amazing. Aunt Evelyn is awesome. Btw - I am not going to touch it either.

Pamela said...

That looks incredible!! How lucky to have a family member who shares their talents. Heirloom indeed.